Commatters Speech Therapy is able to support people of all ages with their communication and mealtime challenges. We are committed to evidence based, holistic, client-centered assessment and intervention.
We provide clinic based services in Yarrawonga and Wanguri as well as offer home, day care and school visits. We recognise that sometimes people are more comfortable in familiar environments. This also provides the clinician with the opportunity to offer strategies/suggestions based on the environment and the toys or items available.
Commatters offers consultancy and training services to schools, day care settings, aged care facilities and other services. This service can be used in a number of ways:
- Direct observation in the setting and feedback/strategies offered to support those with communication difficulties
- Explicit training of staff
- Provide modelling of effective communication strategies or use of AAC and develop techniques to enhance communication or safe eating
- Assist with program modification
- Develop and provide resources
- Support given to promote a communication friendly environment for all