Commatters Speech Therapy is able to support people of all ages with their communication challenges. We are committed to evidence based, holistic, client-centered assessment and intervention. We are currently servicing Palmerston, NT and it's surrounding areas.
Currently as a mobile service, we are able to offer services in the comfort of your own home, where often people are more comfortable. This also provides the clinician with the opportunity to offer strategies/suggestions based on the environment and the toys or items available. Services can also be conducted at school, in day settings or supported living residences.
Who we work with:
Commatters can support people experiencing a range of communication challenges, these include difficulties with:
- Speech sounds
- Expressive language; this can include reduced vocabulary, trouble using grammar or forming sentences
- Receptive language; this can include trouble following instructions, understanding different concepts
- Reading, writing and spelling such as dyslexia
- Social communication; this can include turn taking, engaging in conversation, understanding people's emotions
- Play skills
- Complex communication needs such as Autism, Down Syndrome
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) and feeding
Articles & Resources
Commatters offers a consultancy services to schools, day care settings, aged care facilities and other services. This service can be used in a number of ways.
- Direct observation in the setting and feedback/strategies offered to support those with communication difficulties
- Explicit training of staff
- Provide modelling and develop techniques to enhance communication or safe eating
- Assist with program modification
- Provide resources
- Support given to promote a communication friendly environment for all